Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines :)


Well, I started writing a post but decided that it wasn't the most "uplifting" one, so I chose not to post it over all. I started over, hoping to get more of a "positive" post written :)

Saturday was Valentines Day! Love is in the air --- right! It should be! Everyone should be happy, in love, and life should be fun!

I kind of had the attitude of "feel sorry for myself," because of all that was going on, but looking back tonight, I am grateful for my family and for the great weekend that it was!

Hubby and I started our Valentines on Friday night. I have been craving Rubio's for dinner for quite sime time now, so he took me there. It was nice because we weren't able to get out of the house until after 7:00 pm, and the movie we wanted to go to started at 8:00. I didn't think there was any way we were going to be able to make it and eat, and get there on time, but .... to our surprise, Rubio's wasn't as busy as we thought it would be. We got in, ordered, ate, and had time to get to our movie! We actually got to sit and enjoy each other and eat Yummy food for about 40 min.!!!
After dinner, we took off to the movie theaters and went and saw "Taken." What a GREAT movie! Perfect date night out! We got home and the kids had behaved :) and then we sat and watched a movie with all of them.
Saturday morning, the kids got up early. They were excited to see what the Valentine Cupid had brought them :) (They know the cupid is mom and dad)!!! So dad got up with them and passed out their Valentines. Sami got the movie 13 going on 30, and a palatypus webkinz; Jaren got $5 and a dragon webkinz; and Justin got a puppy webkinz and a fishy lilkinz! They were all so excited.
Jaren had made Valentines for Daddy and I, and Justin gave us his giant Valentine Heart Envelope he made in Kindergarten to carry his Valentines in :) Sami made us breakfast in bed! Yummy waffles and pop tarts :) It was so sweet!
The rest of the day was kind of -- just another busy day. Clean this and that up, play with friends, play on the computer, spend time at the hospital, work on sharing time/baptism stuff, and watch movies. :)
Like I said. I was glad that we celebrated Friday night, since our Sat. got turned up side down and I'm really excited for Feb. 27th, Mark and I get to go do a refresher class on Scuba Diving!!!
Hope you all had a Great Valentines Day!

1 comment:

The Sants said...

Sounds like you had a fun Valentine's Day! And cute picture of the kids. :)