Saturday, February 7, 2009

Couponing!!!

Okay, so here's my excuse for not keeping up with my blog . . . I've been using all my spare time to figure out this coupon business.

Thought I'd share some of my "good buys" with you all :)
This was a couple weeks ago, at K-Mart. They were having a double your coupon, up to 25 coupons. I got all of this for around $30.00, saving about $70.00. I know the toothpaste was free, and the trail mix bars were free. I paid $.49 cents for the razors, $.49 cents for the Halls, and $.49 cents for the Max Factor Lipstick. EVERYTHING on this table was on SALE and bought with a double off coupon.


Albertson's is having a Double Your Coupon (up to 4 coupons) week. So . . .

Dixie napkins, 200 count, are on sale for $1.99. If you have the coupon, it's $1.00 off, plus double, so you get them FREE. That's right FREE!
Kids Loreal Shampoo/Conditioner is $1.99 If you have the coupon, it's $ .75 off, plus double, so you get it for $ .49 cents.
I paid only $1.53 for 2-200 packs of napkins, and 2 kid loreal shampoo's. (A $13.18 savings)


Poptarts are $2.50 for the 12 count. If you have the coupon, it's $ .50 off, plus double, so you pay $1.50 for each of them.
Dannon Fusion Yogurt Shakes are 5 for $5.00, then you get Dannon La Creme (4 count) Free. You use your $1.00 coupon and you get 5 shakes and the Dannon La Creme for $3.00
I bought 8 poptarts (12 count), 2-200 packs of napkins, 10 Yogurt Shakes, and 2-4count La Creme Yogurts for $18.92. (A $36.80 savings)

Chinet paper plates are $2.50 each (2 for $5), the big plates 25 count, and the little plates 35 count. With the $1.00 off coupon, plus double, you pay only $ .50 cents for each of them.
Malt-o-meal cereal was 3 for $7.00, plus an instant $4.50 off when you buy a milk ($2.39).
I paid only $13.62 for those 9 items. (2 big plates, 2 small plates, milk, 3 cereal) (A $21.62 savings)

This is all I've gotten so far, but if you look at their add, there are SEVERAL things you can get.
You can end up paying $ .30 cents for 15 count Totino Pizza Pockets. Also you can pay like $1.50 for a Macaroni Grill Dinner kit (buy 2, and get $2.00 off of chicken).
Several great deals out there. I am loving ever minute of it! My kids still aren't out of cereal from the last big trip I did (getting cereal for $ .47 cents a box).
Smiths also had a great deals! I just learned that you can download certain coupons onto your Smiths Values Card, which then, if you have another coupon, it could be double.
They're having a buy 10 certain items, and get $3.00 off instantly. That's saving $.30 cents on each item. I bought 20 items and paid $17.00. I saved $21.00.
That was buying 8 boxes of Ritz Crackers, 6 Banquet Dinners, 4 cans of Ravioli, and 2 boxes of Cherrios. (I paid only $ .19 cents for each box of cereal; only $1.38 for each box of Ritz Crackers).
So there you have it. It does take some time to clip the coupons, to look through the ads, etc. But ... with everyone doing it, we all have a GREAT support group, and everyone helps everyone know about and learn all the great deals.
You should try it! I dare you!!! E-mail me if you're interested or have any questions :)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cool! I am going to get started on this! This week!

Amanda said...

More power to you and your couponing addiction. But I have to say, just thinking about it makes my head hurt! LOL, it's to much organization and effort for my poor brain to handle at this time.

Jeff & Elise said...

Can I hire you to shop for me? You are so good at it. Please?

Nan said...

Good for you. My sister-in-law has been doing that, and she has saved a ton of money. It makes me a little jealous. I am not very organized, and I live in the wrong part of the state to take part in the double coupon stuff, but I think the savings would almost justify making trips up north more often. I like Elise's idea. Do you want to be my personal shopper?