Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Time Flys When You're Having Fun!

I can't believe it's almost been a month since I've last blogged. I haven't even been on to follow anyone else's blog. Aaahhhhhhh! (that's a scream). I've thought about it a hundred times, just been so busy haven't been able to do it.


Last month was quite a busy one. Jaren turned 8 years old on Oct. 30th, and was baptized 2 days later. It was such a special day. I feel like, looking back, I spent the entire month getting ready. I made soups and froze them, made cookies, and froze them, and also the salsa I made, we froze. It all worked out perfect though!

Jaren wanted a "suit" for his baptism, one like daddy's. I looked everywhere. He's so tiny, it was hard to find one that fit. They're some what seasonal for younger boys too, so ..... that was an adventure. But we finally found one, and boy does he look sharp in it. He is so handsome.

Aren't these cute pictures! We added his blessing picture, a 4 year old picture, and then him, the cute young man that he is!

On his birthday, Justin and I went and bought McDonalds and took it to the school and sat and ate lunch with him. He was excited that we showed up and all of his friends were jealous he got to eat McDonalds Nuggets.

Grandma came out just before school ended and brought 26 knitted hats for his classmates. Then she sat and read the class a story she had written about Wisteria! It was GREAT! All of the kids loved the hats. Doesn't she look FABULOUS! Thanks Grandma!



Later than night Jaren got to go to dinner with Mom and Dad, and then headed to the Stake Center for his baptisimal clothing. Boy that got him excited!

The next day was HALLOWEEN! Talk about busy! The school parade started at 9:30 am, then Justin and I helped in Sami's class party, and then I helped in Justin's class for his party!





This year Sami was a Corpse Bride, Jaren was a Bionicle, and Justin was a Clone! So much fun!

We did the yearly trip to Grandma Lane's office and scored big time on the candy! It's always so much fun to go there! After all of that, we came home and still had to do the Trunk or Treat! I love this tradition we do with our ward and hope it continues for ever!

The next day Jaren got baptized! I can't believe it. We sure had a nice day. It started at 12:00 at the Stake Center. He and Kiki got baptized together. Grandma Connie gave the talk on Baptism, and Aunt Carolyn gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. It was so personal and nice having just the family and friends there of Kiki and Jaren.



Aren't they cute! They're quite the little buddies (most of the time) and think it's pretty special to be cousins sharing birthdays so close together, and being able to share this special day together.

After the baptism family and friends gathered at our house for a luncheon. Was such a nice day.

We had a party for Jaren on November 4th. I tried to talk him out of having a party this year but it didn't work! We had Sami, Justin, Kiki, Joshua Wright, Samuel, Braeden, Mason and Jaren all at the party. (Dylan and Hadley didn't show). We ate pizza and opened presents at the house, and then took off to Jumpin Jacks. It's a new bouncin' place out here by us and it was fun! They spent 2 full hours bouncing and still hadn't had enough when it was time to go.

Happy Birthday Buddy! I love you!

Now, life is still just as busy as it was then, I'm still going in a thousand directions. I held a Girls Time Out Craft night last Friday night, and we really had a GREAT time. We all got together, worked on vinyl projects (and scrapbooks), ate tons of junk food, laughed, and had FUN. It was a nice "time out" for me.

Now, this next weekend and the next, I'm going to do boutiques! Sounds fun? I think so, but man, I don't know how people do it regularly. It is a lot of time and preparation to get ready for one of these! We'll see how it goes. The address is on my Vinyl blog, so go check it out and come on over if you'd like. The proceeds go towards the UDA dance competition girls.

Well, it's late and I'm tired. I have wanted to update and journal for a while now, I'm sure I've forgotten tons of important things since it's been a month. That makes me sad. But .... I've got some of the more important things. I'll try to be better. :)

2 comments:

Nan said...

Wow, Jodi, this was quite the post. I love the baptism announcements you created, and your boy looked so handsome (not supposed to call 8 year-old boys cute, right). It looks like he really enjoyed his baptism, too. And fun Halloween stuff in there, too. Good luck with the boutiques.

Amanda said...

I don't know that you could really call your craft night a time out for you...I can't even think how many times you went up and down those stairs! You were all over the place!