Friday, November 21, 2008

My Baby Girls almost 10 --- and life is too busy!

10 years ago, I was about to deliver a beautiful baby girl. I can't believe that was 10 years ago. My how time flys. Today, I am planning a "surprise" birthday party for Sami. She wanted a birthday party with 2 of her friends and 3 of her aunts. She wanted to play misc. games at the house, and then go to Rubio's for dinner, and go get nails done. She has it all planned out in her head, and knows exactly how she wants it done. A couple weeks ago, she asked me if I was ever going to give her a "surprise" party. I told her it wouldn't ever be a surprise if I told her about it! So, that got me thinking, and I decided that's exactly what I'd do. So, I got a hold of her friends and her aunts, and planned this. We aren't exactly going to go to Rubio's or go get our nails done, but close! I've decorated the basement (cause our renters moved out) and we're going to have a spaghetti dinner on the china, and then we'll play Bingo, and some games, and then the aunts and I are going to give manicures/pedicures, do make up, and just have fun! She has no idea that it's coming, which will make it more fun! Mark and the boys are going to "serve" the girls dinner, and hang out with us. I really think it's going to be fun.

Tonight she is having Brielle sleep over, and they went and got her hair done. She wanted it highlighted and cut short again. It's soooooo cute! She's blonde, and it's short/spiky again (not that it had really gotten long). Tisa actually talked her into having bangs again. No more long bangs! She really looks cute -- different.. It'll take me a couple days to get used to a blond daughter!

Thanksgiving is next week, and I'm excited. I love Thanksgiving dinner! I love this time of year for the fact that I can sit back and look at all the things I am thankful for. Other than preparing Sharing Times this month, I haven't taken the time to sit and think of the things in my life that I'm thankful for, so I'm going to take this opportunity to do it.

Family. This is the first thing that always comes to my mind when thinking of things I'm thankful for. I love my family. I have a wonderful husband who loves and supports me, and our family. He works hard every day to give us the things we want and need. My kids are so wonderful, Heavenly Father truly blessed me with the GREATEST. My extended family is too good for words. Some people would not thing it's lucky to have all their family close at hand, but we are that lucky. All of our extended family lives right here in the same state as us. Right here in the same valley for the most part. Our furthes relative being about an hour away.

The Gospel. Where would I be today with out the Gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in my life? I am so blessed to have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I'm grateful for prayer, for the opportunity to talk to a loving Father who cares and watches over me. I'm grateful for my ward family. For the friendships I have made in this area we live in. What would I ever do with out the support of the gospel and our ward members and their love and support towards me and my family.

Friends. I love friends! Mark sometimes thinks that's all I thrive on. I am so lucky to have as many good friends as I have. A large variety of friends, I LOVE them all! I am all about having a good time though, and my friends are always right there beside me egging me on to plan another "fun time."

My mom said the other day I write like I talk -- like a whirlwind. This I know. I told her she wasn't the first person that had told me that either, and I'm sure she won't be the last.

I am aware that all of this is mumble jumbled, but .... if I don't write what I'm thinking, when I'm thinking, it won't get written. So .... thanks for bearing with me.

I haven't had a lot of time lately to sit and read through all of your blogs, but I took the time tonight to go through some of your blogs, and in reading them, thought "man, I have got to get better at journaling." So .... here I begin.

Life is too short to not live it up, and live it up is what we do! We're always sooo busy. So busy at times I don't take the time to be thankful for what I have. I just live each moment to each moment. I hope I can get better to sit and slow down a little, and be truly thankful for everything that is a part of my life.

As for now, it's late, and I have to get up early, and have a BUSY day ahead of me. So, another day, I'll share my thoughts again :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think we all write like we talk. I can here you perfectly in my head when I read your blog, your voice and your tones. It is always nice to slow down for a moment and take the time to just be. We should all do that more often.