Saturday, October 3, 2009

While Off Track . . .

Boy, I haven't been on here for a long time. I have a lot to follow up on. I'll work on that over time, but for now, I'll just talk about the past 4 weeks, while the kids have been off track!

We have done quite a bit this past month. I worked the fair September 11 - 20th. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to going back. I worked in the Concession Settlement Office with a wonderful lady named Shelly. We had a lot of fun. Since I worked at the fair, the kids wanted to go a couple of times, so we did! We attended the Rodeo one night. It was so much fun. The kids had never been to a rodeo, so it was FUN.
Another day we went on a rainy afternoon, walked around, and Sami participated in the Ringling Brothers Funniest Kids Contest. Although she didn't win, she did pick our family up 5 free tickets to the Circus!
The third time we went, the kids wanted to rid all of the carnival rides. They had so much fun, it was like being at Lagoon!!!
During this time when I worked, the kids were able to spend time with their Aunt Lindsay (thanks Linds), attend the Kids Fun at Gene Fullmer, and play with cousins. It worked out great for all of us!

Because Sami got us tickets for the Circus, we attended it on Friday, September 25th. What a BLAST! It was great. So much fun for our entire family.

This past week, we've spent a lot of time together, more at home. We were able to get all the kids halloween costumes. Sami is going to be a vampire, Jaren the devil, and Justin a Joker. Holiday's are so much fun!
As a family, we also made cotton candy to sell. A friend of my cousin's has a machine that she rents out to us, and we decided while we had it we'd sell cotton candy and try to raise spending money for Disneyland. We've had a lot of fun selling this to the kids in the neighborhood!

On Thursday, October 1 we took a trip up to Layton. Monica Butcher and her family has moved back from Henderson Nevada, so we went to see their new house and to visit. We're going to miss the Henderson vacation, but we're so excited to have them here in Utah, closer than 8 hours away. We visited with them and then went to Classic Skating to play and eat lunch.

We were there till just after 5 pm, and as I was driving home realized there wasn't enough time to go home and come back to Centerville to watch the play Evita at Rogers Memorial Theater. Tara and Kiki are cast members in this play, so we went to watch. It was amazing! They did so good. I am glad we were able to support them.

Now it's conference weekend! I love this time of year. The weather is turning colder, the leaves are changing, soccer games are coming to an end. To me, the fall weather brings our family closer together. Although I enjoy the times we are out enjoying the sun, friends, and being busy, I enjoy the weather changing and bringing us into our home, therefore spending more time together.

I feel so blessed to be where I am today. I have a wonderful husband, 3 delightful children, a wonderful home to live in, family, friends, neighbors, and the gospel all around me.

No comments: